Want to plan a longer trip? Escape the rush-hour? Sit in a comfortable seat? Take a look at our travel tips for a more chilled journey.
1. If you're considering travelling long distance it's well worth booking your ticket well in advance - it might save you even more cash. Don’t forget your Railcard discounts apply to Standard and First Class Advance fares.
2. Wondering where to go and what to do? Get some travel inspiration from these tourism websites:
Or take a look at our 2FOR1 offers
3. Avoid the stress of rush hour and travel off-peak. You’re more likely to get a seat.
4. Heading for London? Your Railcard discount also applies to the London Off-Peak Day Travelcard (All Zones only). You can also take advantage of discounts off of Oyster pay as you go off-peak single fares and Off-peak daily price caps. Now you can travel on the tubes and buses for less.
5. If you're going on a long train journey, most train companies give you the option to reserve your seat.
6. Get your Railcard discount on bus travel as well by combining your train and bus tickets. PLUSBUS and participating bus operators give you unlimited bus travel from the station of your departure or arrival. Visit www.plusbus.info or ask at your local staffed train station for more details.
7. Fancy some sailing, or maybe a music festival is more your thing? There are many discounts to be had on through rail and sea journeys. Visit the Isle of Wight on Wightlink and Red Funnel Ferries via Portsmouth, Southampton and Lymington. For Ireland and Stena Line go via Holyhead and Fishguard and Northern Ireland by Stena Line.
Plan your journey
Want the quickest, easiest way from A to B? Find out with our online journey planner.
Today our Platform Beach is at Birmingham Moor Street station!...
Want to discover Europe the budget friendly way? Then check ou...
Come to Manchester Piccadilly station from 11-2 today to take ...
Here are some happy passengers enjoying a #FREE ice cream at o...